02 February 2011

feb-roo-ary

2/2: Think about someone who annoys you. Write a list of everything you don't like about them, and then write a list of all the things that you're grateful that they've shown you about yourself.
- ego centric, distracting, way too tangential, pretentious, not self driven.
- focus and clarity, specificity, drive and passion, the ability to allow myself to release control to another person.


2/1: Who's your favorite character from a book, play, film, or other work of art?
The French Post-Impressionist painter, Edouard Vuillard, has a painting of a young girl holding the hand of what looks like her father or grandfather that always speaks to me.  It is very similar to his Child Wearing a Red Scarf.  I think what speaks to me so much about the image is the trust the child seems to have in her father and the innocence she exudes. That sounds all bougie lame, but I mean it. The whole image is very grey and drab and she's wearing this bright orange/red beret and she pops out of the image. I love it.

What's a great book or film you've seen recently, or your all-time favorite that you think I just have to read or see?

No comments:

Post a Comment