01 September 2011

the return - of sorts

I made this the other night.


It was so good. AND so simple.  Boil salted water, throw in your pasta (I almost got bucatini but opted for these guys).  After you've put the pasta in the water, start the sauce.  Melt some butter in a pan, throw in a few spoonfuls of capers, add chili flakes, saute for a bit.  Then squeeze half a lemon into this, add some parmesan cheese, stir, stir, stir.  Get yourself a cupful of that pasta water, be careful not to burn yourself!  Add it bit by bit to the sauce - not all of it yet.  When your pasta is al dente, drain, then put the pasta directly into the pan with the sauce to coat.  Add the reserve pasta water as you see fit, more parm as you see fit then when you feel (cooking it all about feeling and taste!) the pasta is coated and ready to go you are set to eat.  Dress with more parm if you want and some fresh parsley.

It was the best dinner I've had in a while.  I have a feeling that my fall is going to get really busy.  However, I am committed to this outlet so I will make the most of my return.
  
See you in a second.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment