09 February 2011

nothing a little fresh squeezed orange juice can't help

These are from my backyard,
and they are awesome. And they made me feel better. I'm not gonna lie, I've been having a rough week. Didn't you notice all the blogging (distraction tactics!)?  

I'm enjoying my new home but, I think I've been on the go so much since I got here that now that there's silence, it's an overwhelming stagnation.  It's a stand still that I know is avoidable but I can't figure out how to break out of it. It stinks.  The city I live in is foreign, it's habits are different, it's in's and out's are all new.  I miss the old, I miss the familiar. I would even deal with the cold. Yes, new is an adventure, an exciting one nonetheless...sometimes it's just overwhelming.

Those oranges are sweet, juicy and perfectly ripe. I needed something to cheer me up. I feel better. I feel a little more motivated. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but tomorrow is tomorrow and today is now. In high school we had a substitute teacher, I can't for the life of me remember his name, but he was awesome. He always wore polyester pants, a stripped short sleeved shirt and a solid tie.  He had shaggy hair and big thick 70s style glasses. He was also the guy who would chat, we did the minimal work we were supposed to then it was chat about life time.  Which could seem creepy but he was never creepy.  When we would be going through any of those "teenage-crisis" moments, he'd always remind us to take it one day at a time and if that was too hard, one minute a time...still too tough? Go moment to moment. It seems pretty straight forward and obvious, but when you're a 16 year old girl it's advice gold. I remember it whenever I'm in this space...so, it's a day at a time for now.

Thanks for bearing with me.
xo

Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment