24 February 2012

a friendship blossoms...

When someone new comes into your life and you're not 100% sure whether or not the two of you will gel the right way there's always some trepidation about the first encounter.  When that first encounter goes well...man it's f*cking exciting.


All I did was take it out of the box, plop it on my kitchen table and look at it for the first 4 days.  I was out for dinner, or I didn't know which shelf to put it on, or I didn't know if I should get rid of my other one, and I even wondered if it was too big to handle...cause, guys, 13 inches is huge.


Then tonight, I got a hankering for something quick (surprisingly simple) and good...thus was born my first attempt with my new cast iron skillet - skillet macaroni and cheese.


Dang.  It was so easy.  So good, it will be better this is why I'm not sharing yet, but I had to share the experience.  I was even eager to clean it immediately and re-season. Who does those things?  Oh, clearly I do!


Anyway, be prepared for more skillet meals 'cause this guy and I are going to be amazing friends and I got a feeling the relationship is going to last a long time.


What'd you make for dinner tonight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment